SatanXcl
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:06 PM

what is the best weapon for perfect dodge assasin?>

my guide says Fortune Sword which +20% perfect dodge, but it's not a katar

so the skills won't work.....

or should i use a katar

Also, when you use a katar, does katar mastery shows the increased str in weapon or where does it show?

#2 Kurushii

Kurushii

Wtf? Did something eat my post count? D:

• Members
  • 1528 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:09 PM

Nothing indicates the attack-increase of Katar Mastery but the damage output seen when damaging an enemy.

When it comes into weapons, there aren't any Katars or weapon-cards giving any significant boost in Perfect Dodge so Fortune Swords would be your best bet. You still have your Poison skills.

#3 SatanXcl

SatanXcl
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:14 PM

which assasin do you think it's the best

Max speed or perfect dodge

cuz i still have time to change to either without messing up

#4 Kurushii

Kurushii

• Members
  • 1528 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:16 PM

I don't believe a PD Sin would be good for leveling.... Speed would be the better I believe. It depends on what you're going to do.

#5 SatanXcl

SatanXcl
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:19 PM

what do you mean by that? which one is more fun and more valuble to play

#6 SatanXcl

SatanXcl
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:22 PM

oh and what are mobs?

#7 Krique

Krique

Something ironic

• Donor
  • 1451 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:46 PM

Daggers aren't really that good unless you have money so you can get cards in your offhand.  Also, you lose most of your skills, which isn't bad as a sinx because you have soul breaker but until you are reborn, you won't have many skills.  Also, perfect dodge characters aren't good until high levels because you get one dodge each level.  So if you are only level 85, you are essentially missing 15 dodge.  Besides, the faster you kill something, the less you need to dodge.  Plus, there are always mobs that rarely miss like archers.

That's why I think you should stay with katars and just worry about getting high damage or crit for now.  Wait until you are reborn, a high level or rich before going daggers or dodge.

#8 Malcheior Sveth

Malcheior Sveth

Ideas are bulletproof.

• Donor
  • 2300 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:06 PM

Perfect Dodge dodges everything. Crit. Skills. Archers. Everything. It says 'lucky' over your head when you PD something. I believe the max PD you can get is 65, and that's with 2 fortune swords, 99 luk and all luck equips, and 2 yoyo cards.

40+15+10=65 PD. So everything will miss you 65% of the time, no matter what. Not very good for lvling, considering it isn't very high.

#9 KCee

KCee
  • Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:44 AM

Malcheior Sveth, on Feb 5 2006, 12:06 AM, said:

Perfect Dodge dodges everything. Crit. Skills. Archers. Everything. It says 'lucky' over your head when you PD something. I believe the max PD you can get is 65, and that's with 2 fortune swords, 99 luk and all luck equips, and 2 yoyo cards.

40+15+10=65 PD. So everything will miss you 65% of the time, no matter what. Not very good for lvling, considering it isn't very high.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perfect dodge doesnt dodge guided attacks. (Stupid Peach Trees >< They keep hitting me.. forcing me to hide whenever they start using guided attack)

Yoyo Card (Accessory) x2 (+10 PD)
Choco Card (Garment) (+5 PD)
Wild Rose Card (Feet) (+5 PD)
Poring Card (Body) (+1 PD +1 Luk)
Fortune Sword x2 (+40 PD +10 Luk)
*Your choice of Headgear*
(Bunny Band, Angel HB, Old Mimic Card, etc)

With just gear alone (excluding headgear), thats +55 PD and +11 Luk.

I forget how much luk it was for 1 PD (its 3 per crit, but I think its 10 per PD)
So assuming you want as much as possible, you'd have 99+11 (Not including Job Bonuses.. since I dont recall what it was at JLv50 ^^;) for another 11 PD.

So 66 PD is about max.  Even if you dont get Luk, you'd only lose 10 BD for 56 PD rate.

The thing about this build is that you take ages to kill anything, even if you had 100 str (equip/job bonuses included). I have 100 Str on my Assassin, and 25 Dex, and I do like.. 140 dmg a hit on Alarms.  Not very useful for leveling.  Use another build to level, and then switch when you think your leveled as high as you think you'll care about it.

Now I have all this PD gear/cards sitting in my Alchey's cart collecting dust. ^^;  I might go back to it sometime, depending on how much fun I have w/ SBK or EDP.

#10 Kurushii

Kurushii

• Members
  • 1528 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:23 AM

PSD only protects against regular attacks, not skills hence you'd be better of aiming for a high flee against non-high-Hit oponents.

#11 KCee

KCee
  • Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:11 PM

Kurushii, on Feb 5 2006, 08:23 AM, said:

PSD only protects against regular attacks, not skills hence you'd be better of aiming for a high flee against non-high-Hit oponents.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It'll protect from skills that can miss.

Example of skills that PD wont protect you from:
Guided Attack
Spiral Pierce
Soul Breaker
Blitz Beat
Falcon Assault
Most spells from mage/aco classes

Skills that PD works against:
Double Strife
Sonic Blow
Bash

#12 Malcheior Sveth

Malcheior Sveth

Ideas are bulletproof.

• Donor
  • 2300 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:42 PM

I thought it protected against ranged attacks since they can miss as well. Apparently not. Still though, I wouldn't level with it.

#13 Shadewing52192

Shadewing52192

What's Leveling?

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:18 PM

KCee, on Feb 5 2006, 06:11 PM, said:

It'll protect from skills that can miss.

Example of skills that PD wont protect you from:
Guided Attack
Spiral Pierce
Soul Breaker
Blitz Beat
Falcon Assault
Most spells from mage/aco classes

Skills that PD works against:
Double Strife
Sonic Blow
Bash

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spiral pierce can miss, I'm pretty sure I've seen someone PD a spiral

#14 Ken_Himura

Ken_Himura

@_@x;

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:27 PM

You can't Perfect Dodge SKILLS at all. Only normal attacks.

#15 adam ant tm

adam ant tm
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:06 PM

Although PD assassins don't deal out much damage, it's interesting to stand toe-to-toe with an archangeling with it's mob until you get bored, while watching people come up do a couple of attacks, and then die, come back and continue their cycle.

BTW, my assassin was in the mid-70's when that happened, using 1 white potion every minute or two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users