Wat can reduce the delay after a skill is cast?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 martinchia

martinchia
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:03 AM

If u have instant cast u cant do infinite skills because there is a delay after each skill is cast. Is there any way to make that delay shorter? Can agility make the delay shorter?

#2 rwong48

rwong48

dead

• Donor
  • 1605 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:10 AM

i'm not sure if Agi reduces delay.

Poem of Bragi is your friend. =D
2006-2007
yoshiiiiiii
yoshiness
lori

Eternal Reborn -> Mirai -> Enox -> Eternal Remix

#3 Syndicate1

Syndicate1

Huh..?

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:27 AM

No, Agility does not make after cast delays shorter. Those delays have set times that are not able to be reduced.

Agility shortens the delay after skills for skills that dont use a cast bar. [ex. DS, Bash, etc]

#4 Mystagogue

Mystagogue

creme saver

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:08 AM

Only thing that effects it would be poem of bragi

#5 martinchia

martinchia
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:27 AM

Syndicate1 said agaility shortens the delay for skills that dont use a cast bar but if u have instant cast then can agi affect any skills?

#6 Yevaud

Yevaud
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:22 AM

if the only thing that works is poem of bragi does that mean an old alarm card wont work? (-7% cast delay)

#7 arkanj0

arkanj0
  • Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:47 AM

Yevaud, on Jan 23 2006, 01:22 PM, said:

if the only thing that works is poem of bragi does that mean an old alarm card wont work? (-7% cast delay)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that is actually cast time not cast delay (damn descriptions :|) and Poem Of Bragi is actually the only thing that works on reducing delays oo'

#8 Kurushii

Kurushii

Wtf? Did something eat my post count? D:

• Members
  • 1528 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:39 AM

I've noticed (but it can also be my imagination...) that all equips/cards/skills decreasing Cast Time/Delays shorten both Cast Time and Delay, not just what is mentioned. For instance a CTM card also decreases the Delay and an OAC decreases Cast time. I'm rather sure about the CTM thing at least, but I could still be wrong... Bugs? It's just like a BB card lengthening the delay which I'm sure of of since the already long delay of ME got even longer when I got one... that's hard not to notice... >_<

Edited by Kurushii, 23 January 2006 - 10:40 AM.

#9 Xiang

Xiang
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:21 PM

Dex reduce cast time. Etc. Storm Gust, Frost Drive, Firebolt, Vulcan Arrow...

Agi reduce after cast? Since bash, pierce, backstab, raid, and hide has no cast time, it's base on after cast...

So that means agi will reduce the after cast delay for all spells?

Since I only have a knight, maybe someone with a wizard should test it out by reseting their stats to 99 agi and see if after cast delay is reduce.

#10 Samsung

Samsung
  • Members
  • 1018 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:15 PM

Dex reduces casting delay and increaces attack speed and hit.
Agi increaces flee, attack speed and since it increaces attack speed lowers the delay between melee skills that have no cast time. (Bash, pierce, shield boomerang, mamo etc.)

#11 rwong48

rwong48

dead

• Donor
  • 1605 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:57 PM

reread what Syndicate1/Nismo said in the earlier post..

Agi only reduces the delay of skills with no cast bar, such as Double Strafe. (makes sense, because.. if a 1-agi DS could be spammed as fast as a 99agi-DS, that's kinda lame.)

the ingame description of items/cards/skills lack integrity. use the database, since it's synchronized with the server.

for example, here is Old Alarm Card:
{ bonus bCastrate,-7; },,

and here is Clock Tower Manager card:
{ bonus bInt,1; bonus bCastRate,-5; if(isequipped(4244,4299,4313)==0) end; bonus bDef,3; bonus bMdef,3; }

2006-2007
yoshiiiiiii
yoshiness
lori

Eternal Reborn -> Mirai -> Enox -> Eternal Remix

#12 MirageLancer

MirageLancer
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 07:30 PM

As said before agility only increases your attack speed. This means that the attacks require less frames which make it then go faster. Attacks/Skills without a cast bar (DS, Bash, Envemon, etc.) are based on attack speed, which means that you can spam it faster if you can attack with it faster.

Dex only reduced cast time (the green bar above your head). If you reach 150 dex, you have insta-cast which means no cast time is required. However, the aftercast delay is still there.

The only thing you can do reduce the aftercast delay is to be under the effect the Bard's song Poem of Bragi which will reduce your casting time and aftercast delay.

#13 kidluff

kidluff
  • Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:49 AM

Musical Strike has a cast bar AND affected by agi  <_<

#14 martinchia

martinchia
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:30 AM

r u 100% sure kidluff?? The posts above urs dont seem to agree.

#15 Mystagogue

Mystagogue

creme saver

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:44 AM

cause musical strike is an attack skill with a bar...it's a physical attack but because it's a skill where it's possible to get instant cast it's effected by agi as well, where normally most classes dont' have instant cast so it really makes no difference.  If you really want to go into details then you could say physical attacks in general have no after cast delay and are effected by agi, but to be truthful it goes from a skill to skill basis.

#16 Syndicate1

Syndicate1

Huh..?

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 04:38 AM

martinchia, on Jan 23 2006, 03:27 AM, said:

Syndicate1 said agaility shortens the delay for skills that dont use a cast bar but if u have instant cast then can agi affect any skills?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It doesnt matter if you have instant cast, the skill still uses a cast bar. After cast delays were meant so that people couldnt stack skills.. You are not supposed to be able to cast another spell until your first spell's animation has finished.

In simpler terms, If you cast a level 10 firebolt, you are not supposed to be able to cast another spell until the last firebolt from that spell has hit the enemy. Same thing with storm gust, You are not supposed to cast another spell until your storm gust is completly dead.

If the delays werent there, wizards could have insane amounts of power by stacking SG and LoV on top of each other.. Thus why we have the delays.

The delays are set times that come into effect after you cast a spell, usually the delays are meant to last as long as the skill animation [so you cant stack more than one skill at once] And the only way to reduce that delay is using Poem of Bragi..

#17 martinchia

martinchia
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:51 AM

Actually Syndicate1 if you have instant cast the cast bar does not appear.

#18 Kurushii

Kurushii

Wtf? Did something eat my post count? D:

• Members
  • 1528 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 06:13 AM

Whether the bar appears or not doesn't matter since it's still a "cast-bar" skill.

#19 Hikaray

Hikaray

Fear Mr. Pickles!

• Donor
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 07:17 AM

and i read an update that dex upto 100 reduces the delay time by a little bit.

#20 arkanj0

arkanj0
  • Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:10 AM

Hikaray, on Jan 24 2006, 02:17 PM, said:

and i read an update that dex upto 100 reduces the delay time by a little bit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

seacr for a newer update and you'll see that dex does not reduce delays anymore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users