Acid Demonstration is possibly neutral damage.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 phomega

phomega

Rawr~!

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:15 PM

Actually Ken, EDP HAS been touched, they really took out one of its MAIN uses in WoE... It doesn't work on Emps... And seriously, the reason AD keeps changing is cause we dont know the official formula. And umm... We know the formula for EDP... 4x dmg for one minute =)

• Guests

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:24 PM

Ranged?! If AD gets ranges its just another skill that cant beat a paladin, most strong moves get ranged, and that means our Defender owns it. I really think being a paly is heaven, nothing that can touch me.

Edited by DizzySoul, 26 October 2005 - 05:24 PM.

#23 Ken_Himura

Ken_Himura

@_@x;

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:28 PM

phomega, on Oct 26 2005, 03:15 PM, said:

Actually Ken, EDP HAS been touched, they really took out one of its MAIN uses in WoE... It doesn't work on Emps... And seriously, the reason AD keeps changing is cause we dont know the official formula. And umm... We know the formula for EDP... 4x dmg for one minute =)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How's breaking emps with EDP the main use for it? Seeing as EDP sins can easily knock off half of an attacking/defending guild. Able to Backslide from AoE spells, hide from people without Sight clip/Ruwach, and still be able to do 7-10k easy damage to most classes without any trouble, as they can enchant their own weapon. And with 2 weapons that ignore damage completely, it rapes any character, especially high-vits. I got my facts right.

#24 Sayaka

Sayaka
  • Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:31 PM

Ok ok ok guys.
This isn't an EDP thread, the first one was kinda ok because it was comparison, but we don't need more on it.
Let's stick to fixing Acid Demonstration once and for all.

Edited by Sayaka, 26 October 2005 - 05:31 PM.

#25 Zanaikin

Zanaikin
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 10:12 PM

Sayaka, on Oct 26 2005, 04:59 PM, said:

Creators can heal themselves (and others) for 2k+ (enough Vit to put in an Acid Demonstration build), protect their Armor and Weapon from breaking, and dish out an attack as strong as Soul Breaker (with the same ranger or greater) while breaking armor and weapons, with 1 skill.
Now doesn't that seem a tad bit unfair to you?
In kRO they are able to do all that, but nearly 1/2 the damage, which is still unfair, but more probable.
I'm not asking for something as extreme as a Custom Nerf, I'm just asking to follow the kRO formula.
Also, you say you're doing 7k to people with Thara/Poopoo Hat, when the formula is the same as the calculator's where it shows the damage being 9k (100 Int Creator, 100 Vit Opponent, and I think you're referring it to these situations).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well

full chem protection cost 21+ skill points which REALLY hurts, and is nowhere as good and useful as its equivalent.. full strip
AD costs 20 more skill points, and slim potions also cost a lot... to max just those 3 alone u need like 65+ skill points, at the same time they have to take longer than every class to supply, support, and prepare.  So unfair, slightly coz of the status sage, but not really in my opinion.

but yeah i support using kRO formulas, i just thought u proposed a custom nerf upon aru's current formula which got me pissed xD

big misunderstanding, sorry bout that :)

#26 Sayaka

Sayaka
  • Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 11:30 PM

Nice to clear things up with ya there.
Everything me and Akito suggested (well to reduce the damage on Acid Demonstration) all comes from kRO, I don't support custom nerfs myself and wouldn't support it.
I can't provide cold hard evidence such as screenshots, but these are from the words of long time kRO players, and so I can only assume such.

To once again explain how kRO does it (this came from Akito and that Acid Demonstration Calculator):
[(Int x 0.28) x (1+Vit x 1.41) x Skill Level]<---Just how Arutema set it up in the latest update on it.
Neutral Property (meaning Raydric, Deviling, and Ghostring cards protect against it).
Ranged Attack Skill (meaning it suffers the ranged penalty in WoE as well as being blockable by Pneuma, ok I checked on this with the WoE Balance Changes update, and according to the calculator it does not take the full 75% Ranged Normal Attack reduction, rather the 60% Miscellaneous Skill reduction, however it's still Ranged and can still be blocked by Pneuma).
50% of the original damage when used on Human players.

And that's how I'd like to be, cause that is probably how kRO does it, making it a fair, still pretty lethal attack.

Edited by Sayaka, 26 October 2005 - 11:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users