Dark Frame and Hylozoist Cards

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ablitter

ablitter
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 05:19 PM

There are a lot of cards that auto-cast skills, and their primary purpose is to give skills at 0sp cost, while their secondary purpose is to give skills to classes that wouldn't otherwise be able to get them. Here's a list (I'll get to my point in a bit):

Amon Ra - +1 all stats, +1 DEF & MDEF. 1% chance to cast level 10 Kyrie Eleison when you receive close-range physical damage. If this card is used by a character with 99 base INT, the chance of casting Kyrie Eleison increases.
Anolian - When you receive physical damage, you may cast level 1 Improve Concentration on yourself. If you already know level 10 Improve Concentration, then that will be casted instead.
Baby Garm - 5% chance to cast level 3 Frost Driver while attacking.
Bloody Knight - 2% chance of casting level 1 Meteor Storm when you attack.
Bongun - 5% chance to cast level 1 Bash while attacking.
Chepet - 5% chance of casting level 5 Heal on the ENEMY while attacking.
Clock - 1% chance to cast level 3 Auto-Guard when receiving physical damage. If you already know level 10 Auto-Guard , then that will be casted instead.
Dark Lord - When you receive physical damage, there's a 1% chance of casting level 5 Meteor Storm.
Geographer - When you are attacking, there's a 1% chance you will cast level 2 Blessing on yourself. If you already know level 10 Blessing, then that will be casted instead.
Grand Peco - When you receive physical damage, 1% chance of casting level 1 Gloria. +3 VIT & +3 DEF if equipped in combination with Pecopeco card.
Greatest General - When you are attacking regardless of range, there's a 1% chance of receiving a Spirit Sphere. If you are an Acolyte-class character, the success chance is increased.
Gryphon - +7 CRIT. +2 FLEE. 1% chance of using level 5 Bowling Bash while attacking.
Hylozoist - When you attack, there's a 1% chance of changing a monster into a different monster.
Injustice - 3% chance of casting level 1 Sonic Blow while attacking. +20 ATK & +3 LUK if used in conjunction with Zherlthsh card.
Live Peach Tree - When you are attacking, there's a 1% chance you will cast level 1 Heal on yourself. If you already know level 10 Heal, then that will be casted instead.
Lude - If a Novice or Super Novice uses this card, you have 20% chance of casting level 1 Endure when receiving close-range physical damage. +300 HP if used in conjunction with Quve card.
Mutant Dragon - +15 ATK. When you are attacking, there's a 5% chance of casting level 3 Fireball. If you already know level 10 Fireball, then that will be casted instead.
Owl Baron - When you attack, there's a 5% chance of casting level 1 Lex Aeterna to the enemy.
Owl Duke - When you attack, there's a 5% chance of casting level 3 Imposito Manus upon yourself. If equipped in combination with Owl Baron Card, there's also a 5% chance of casting Auto-Spell level 5 Lightning Bolt.
Poison Toad - When you attack, there's a 5% chance of using level 1 Envenom on the enemy.
Punk - When you receive physical damage, 1% chance you will cast level 1 Quagmire . If you already know level 5 Quagmire, then that will be casted instead.
Quve - When a Novice or Super Novice uses this card, they have a 20% chance of using level 1 AGI Up when receiving close-range physical damage. +60 SP when used in conjunction with Lude card.
Shinobi - +1 AGI. 1% chance to cast level 5 Cloaking when receiving close-range physical damage.
Sidewinder - Enables the use of level 1 Double Attack on any weapon.
Stormy Knight - 2% chance of casting level 1 Storm Gust when you attack. If enemy attacks you, 20% chance that they will be Frozen.
Turtle General - Increases your attack power by 20%. There is a 5% chance of using level 10 Magnum Break while attacking.
Violy - When you are attacking, there's a 2% chance of casting level 1 Frost Joke. If you already know level 5 Frost Joke, then that will be casted instead.
Wander Man - +20 FLEE. There is a 1% chance of using level 1 Intimidate while attacking.
Wind Ghost - 3% chance you will cast level 3 Jupitel Thunder while attacking. If you already know level 10 Jupitel Thunder, then that will casted instead.

Also, with the Swordsman Set, there's a 1% chance of getting Level 1 Weapon Perfection.

And here are the "status" cards:

Brilight - When you receive physical damage, 20% chance of inflicting Silence on the enemy.
Creamy Fear - When you receive physical damage, 20% chance of inflicting Chaos on the enemy.
Dark Frame - When you receive physical damage, 20% chance of inflicting Stone Curse on the enemy.
Demon Fungus - When you receive physical damage, 20% chance of inflicting Sleep on the enemy.
Disguise - When you receive close-range physical damage, 10% chance of inflicting Silence on the enemy. If VIT is over 77, you have 30% chance to cause Silence to enemies instead.
Giant Spider - When you receive physical damage, 20% chance of inflicting Poison on the enemy.
Grizzly - +2 DEF. When used in conjunction with Bigfoot card, if you receive physical close-range damage, 30% chance of causing Blind to enemies.
Killer Mantis - When you receive physical damage, 20% chance of inflicting External Bleeding on the enemy.
Kraben - When you receive physical damage, 20% chance of inflicting Blind on the enemy.
Majorous - When you receive physical damage, 20% chance of inflicting Stun on the enemy.
Nightmare Terror - +2 DEF. When used in conjunction with Nightmare card, if you receive physical close-range damage, 30% chance of causing Curse to enemies.
Sasquatch - When you receive physical damage, 20% chance of Freezing the enemy.
Skeleton Prisoner - +2 DEF. When used in conjunction with Skeleton card, if you receive physical close-range damage, 30% chance of causing Sleep to enemies.
Wraith Dead - When you receive physical damage, 20% chance of inflicting Curse on the enemy.

And here are the statuses and how to get them:

Blind - Throw Sand, Holy Cross, Lord of Vermillion, Blinding Arrow.
Chaos - Blessing if they're Undead, Requiem Card.
Curse - Magnolia, Napalm Vulcan, Cursing Arrow.
External Bleeding - Head Crush, Garm's Claw, Pressure, (and Meteor Strike?).
Freeze - Frost Diver, Marina, Freezing Arrow.
Poison - Enchant Poison, Envenom, Poison Dust, Zenorc Card, Snake Card, Poison Arrow.
Silence - Lex Divina, Metaller Card, Mute Arrow.
Sleep - Plankton Card, Sleep Arrow.
Stone Curse - Stone Curse.
Stun - Stun Bash, Meteor Storm, Meteor Strike, Pressure, Skeleton Card, Savage Bebe Card, Throw Stone, Stun Arrow.

I mention the Arrows and Stone Throw purely so other people can't bring them up. They're alternatives to the other ways that do require items, but because the other ways exist, it doesn't have bearing on this topic.

Now, the two cards in question:

Hylozoist - When you attack, there's a 1% chance of changing a monster into a different monster.
Dark Frame - When you receive physical damage, 20% chance of inflicting Stone Curse on the enemy.

The reason I single out Hylozoist is that there is already a chance of that happening with HocusPocus, and it costs yellow gems. All of the other skills granted by cards only cost sp normally, and the card removes the sp cost. I do not believe it should also remove the cost of items.

Now, as for Stone Curse, the ONLY way to normally get it is to expend Red Gemstones, as opposed to the other status cards which do have normal in-game alternatives.

Solution: I believe that these two cards should cost one/two Yellow Gemstones for Hylozoist, and one Red gemstone for Dark Frame, every time they succeed. If the player does not have the Gemstones in their inventory, it will do nothing.

#2 IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked

Whatever I just said made me win.

• Donor
  • 950 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 05:22 PM

Wow.  Ab.  I like that man.  I like that a lot.  Maybe for Hyzologist, eh.  But for DF users.  It makes sense man, good deal.  Good deal.

#3 Chobits

Chobits

\( Д )/

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 05:52 PM

THAT was a good suggestion id say.

#4 BobTheLegendary

BobTheLegendary

Savior the Moment

• Donor
  • 608 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 05:55 PM

It would make Yellow and Red gems a bit more in value to those card users, not just the Mage classes and some Assassins. I like this suggestion as well.

#5 whowood

whowood

Ohhh you touched my tra-la-la~

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:13 PM

Oh I love this idea.

If they won't nerf the % on DF, might as well add this!

#6 -Zo-

-Zo-
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 06:32 PM

Uhh DF already got nerfed.

#7 IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked

• Donor
  • 950 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:27 PM

Uhhh.  Only if they have vit.  And if they have vit it goes down to 10%.  Which, with the extra HP they have from all the vit, you have to hit them more, so does it really matter in the end?

#8 EvilRyu

EvilRyu
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:52 PM

this is a nice suggestion and if its implemented, i dont have to search for a Df anymore  :lol:

#9 Malcheior Sveth

Malcheior Sveth

Ideas are bulletproof.

• Donor
  • 2300 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:35 PM

I concur. It makes sense. Good idea.

#10 shuriken.

shuriken.

Nab

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:42 PM

Awesome idea ^_^

#11 Zeal

Zeal
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:46 PM

Do it do it do it do it do it do it do it! :-D

#12 Ken_Himura

Ken_Himura

@_@x;

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:46 PM

Delicious idea.

#13 n3rgeticaznboi

n3rgeticaznboi
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:47 PM

Yes yes! Good idea. But how will the people that brought the card for 25~30m feel =/

#14 IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked

• Donor
  • 950 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:50 PM

Don't care.  lol.   :heh2:

#15 Ken_Himura

Ken_Himura

@_@x;

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:55 PM

IPlayNaked, on Sep 22 2005, 06:50 PM, said:

Don't care.  lol.   :heh2:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Took the words right outta my mouth.

#16 Lunadis

Lunadis

Statistics Nerd

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:59 PM

MWA HA HA DESTROY DARK FRAME!!!

(So basically, yeah, I agree. Since it doesn't take them any real effort to use those cards it should at last expend a catylist stone...)

#17 4GivenPinoy

4GivenPinoy

I rock at being afk

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:59 PM

(Looks at Gems)

Atleast these shiny things won't collect dust... Good idea.

#18 Depresionist

Depresionist
  • Donor
  • 436 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:48 PM

I like the sound of this (mainly for the DF Card). I think it's a much more realistic and better.

#19 RhymingDemon

RhymingDemon
  • Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 11:15 PM

I agree, and peops cant even complain that much cause really....the stones are not that hard to get (I can't count how many yellows i've wasted on screwing around with abra)

#20 Samsung

Samsung
  • Members
  • 1018 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:19 AM

Great idea. It's not like gems are hard to get. And it's also making the card managable and not overpowered. Seriously, who wants to sacrifice their cranial for a medusa so you don't get SCed, but end up taking more damage? I certainly don't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users