What the Sketch?! 2.0

art event sketch legend rei what the sketch

5 replies to this topic

#1 manamachine

manamachine
  • Donor
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

This is an event I ran only a few times in its prime, but it's time to bring it back!

The Rules
I'll sketch something out (messy, of course), and YOU have to find it! You'll be given a sketch of something to indicate which map you'll need to go to, and a list of what items you'll need to bring with you. I'll give you a time (in server time). You find my event novice there, and you'll be rewarded with a drawing of your character in return! The places will get trickier, and the the prize-drawings will get better as the event goes on.

You can use this thread to discuss the sketches, but keep in mind the prize is first-come, first-serve. The first person who trades my event novice, "What the Sketch", in the right place with the right set of items will win the round. My novice may be somewhere on the map other than the specific place depicted in the image. There may be multiple locations of some of the things indicated in the sketches, so the results take a bit of luck too.

Prizes will be a sketch of your own character! You can see some of my old art here, but I like to think I've improved over the years. And this is the old event thread.

Round 1 (Won by BlueDawn) :
Sketch Hint (Top of Geffen Tower)
Items Traded (list):  1 bgem, 1 single cell, 1 opal, 1 stem
Time:March 7, 2012 @ 7pm Server Time

Round 2 TBA!!!

Just a suggestion, but you may want to keep your guess a secret... or others may take your idea and run with it (quicker than you). :)  This event will run for Legend to start. I want to emphasize that I will do my best to make this event noob-friendly!

Edited by manamachine, 07 March 2012 - 09:15 PM.

i wuz rei

Manamachine  |  Manamark  |  Mana of the Cloth

[Rei(touki) formerly. I don't bloop here no more.]

#2 lovesittan

lovesittan
  • Donor
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

I have a idea of the place :< too bad I wont be online today
I cryd evry time ;_;

#3 manamachine

manamachine
  • Donor
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

Tonight's winner was BlueDawn, who found me at the top of Geffen Tower. A lot of you showed up, but only a few noticed me in time, and she was the first to show me the right items!

I'll post her sketch and an update for the next one as soon as I know when that will be!

Thanks to everyone who came out!
i wuz rei

#4 lovesittan

lovesittan
  • Donor
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

May I help in this event? maybe I could use a different type of art such as, rhyme the place's description :3 ?
I cryd evry time ;_;

#5 Rapi2

Rapi2

TRUE and ORIGINAL

• Members
  • 1558 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

Aaaw I'd love to help with the sketches if you want :3
Rapi/Lothar/Stella/Kano/Kroz/Atropa Belladona
(Shared account with mah bff ryan)

#6 manamachine

manamachine
  • Donor
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

View PostRapi2, on 09 March 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

Aaaw I'd love to help with the sketches if you want :3

Sure! I don't see why not. There are bound to be times when I can't be as active, where people still may want to play. We can talk specifics in PM or in-game later.

And Sittan, we spoke in PM about a different kind of event.

I think it's great if we get lots of creative player-events going. It will encourage people to get involved and let them know they can do their own thing. :)

[Also, if this could be recovered to the Events section because I just made it, that would be awesome... but I'll repost by the next time if no one does!]

Edited by manamachine, 09 March 2012 - 12:34 PM.

i wuz rei

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: art, event, sketch legend, rei, what, the, sketch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users