Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:19 PM

It'd involve a bunch of other anti-abuse measures too

#22 sparky_b

sparky_b

This goes under the avatar.

• Donor
  • 690 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:15 AM

If you guys/gals haven't noticed, some of the rarer items appear on top of whatever pile you just created, enabling just such a situation that lets you pick up the rarest items before the trash.  Try it yourselves, kill a bunch of nothing creatures till you get a somewhat rare drop, and if you notice, it's almost always in clear view or on top of the pile of other drops.  Problem solved?

#23 RanmaX2005

RanmaX2005
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:20 AM

If there are going to be afk-looting alchys/autocast users just disable the pet's autoloot function if he doesnt move for 30-60 seconds. There will always be abuser of anything like there are Lvling afk alchys...

We don't remove homus althought everyone can abuse them? I don't see a reason to not implement auto-looting pets also. We have got auto-lvling Homus and pets, too.
On Legend there was a no-afk-leeching-function, too. If a party member doesn't move for a certain amount of time he didnt get any exp at all. I'm sure there is a way to use it for pets and homus, too.

#24 DocHoliday

DocHoliday
  • Donor
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:29 AM

View Postsparky_b, on Nov 4 2008, 06:15 AM, said:

If you guys/gals haven't noticed, some of the rarer items appear on top of whatever pile you just created, enabling just such a situation that lets you pick up the rarest items before the trash.  Try it yourselves, kill a bunch of nothing creatures till you get a somewhat rare drop, and if you notice, it's almost always in clear view or on top of the pile of other drops.  Problem solved?
lol
this is 1012030123012301230 percent not true
but yah
lol
anyways
also
autoloot is a terribe terrible terrible idea
dont be lazy
the implications on mvp are rediculous
the autolooting pets are stupid
especially legends santa poring pet
the point being
no dont implament autoloot beyond officail means
@autoloot is fail
just be good enough to get your drops

oh
and
homun autolevleing is against the rules
just because something can be abused cuz its official
doesnt mean we should add something that is abuseable that isnt official
secondly
afk leveling isnt the reason why autoloot shouldnt be implamented
if you have @autoloot on
and you do lets say
60% dmg to valk randgris
and then you quit
and ur sitting around
and osme motherspamer kills it
you get the drops
not them
because it was your monster and not theirs and with the autoloot command thats what happens
which is why any decent server doesnt use it

#25 Daki

Daki

Expired

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:52 AM

What Doc said, and also I could easily set my RO client with a macro or some auto-it program that will just click back and fourth so technically I'm moving making the autoloot timer useless.

#26 sparky_b

sparky_b

This goes under the avatar.

• Donor
  • 690 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:32 AM

Sorry to break it to you, but yes it DOES work/happen.  The loot and drop files are all done in a list of most common to least, which means the rarer stuff gets dropped last.  Last dropped means top of the pile or it's own spot.  The only time this doesn't work is if you kill multiple mobs on a single cell, then the last creature killed has it's drops on top of all the others.  Research much?

#27 ForteXX

ForteXX
  • Developer
  • 1227 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:57 PM

For those that were saying someone could hit an mvp for a bit then leave and get the loot, theres a setting in the src code that would require them to be a certain distance to be able to autoloot:

{in atcommand.h}
//This is the distance at which @autoloot works,
//if the item drops farther from the player than this,
//it will not be autolooted. [Skotlex]
//Note: The range is unlimited unless this define is set.
//#define AUTOLOOT_DISTANCE AREA_SIZE

so for us we could just make that last line something like 9 (most spells and ranged attacks range.)
Posted Image

#28 DocHoliday07

DocHoliday07

Massively Overrated

• Donor
  • 2144 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:49 PM

Sorry to break it to you, but yes it DOES work/happen. The loot and drop files are all done in a list of most common to least, which means the rarer stuff gets dropped last. Last dropped means top of the pile or it's own spot. The only time this doesn't work is if you kill multiple mobs on a single cell, then the last creature killed has it's drops on top of all the others. Research much?

if your mobbing things dont always die at the same time and shit gets covered up by drops that get dropped from other monsters.  lol try it out before you try to be condecending.

btw

if this gets added im totally just gona start running in and efisting crap like vesper untill it dies and just die after i get hit
that way there isnt any problem getting my drops even tho i dont deserve them because all i did was run in and efist and die and my drops go strait to me
this is another huge problem
if you cant get your drops you dont deserve them
thats what makes mvping difficult
if this gets implament
here comes a bunch of nubs spamming efist and crap and then getting drops of the hardest mvps in the game because they dont even have to try to get them
not to mention there is the whole
oh shit you got mvp but since i did the initial damage to it i get all the drops anyway factor
autoloot has always and will always be a terrible idea, which is why ALL GOOD LOW/MED RATE SERVERS WHO ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THIER SERVER
dont implament it
for people who are complaining that they dont want to lose their cards, then pick up your drops
for people who are complaining that they dont want to pick up their drops, then dont pick them up and lose them, else GO PICK THEM UP
for people who want to get the drops that they dont deserve from mvps, get better because you dont deserve them unless you can actually pick them up
thats right, you dont actually deserver them unless you can get them
Posted Image

#29 DJV851devil

DJV851devil
  • Donor
  • 428 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:51 PM

or just use greed
:D

#30 DocHoliday07

DocHoliday07

Massively Overrated

• Donor
  • 2144 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:41 PM

aff double post
Posted Image

#31 DocHoliday07

DocHoliday07

Massively Overrated

• Donor
  • 2144 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:41 PM

yah......
that
Posted Image

#32 Dext3r

Dext3r
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:46 PM

if this gets added im totally just gona start running in and efisting crap like vesper untill it dies and just die after i get hit
that way there isnt any problem getting my drops even tho i dont deserve them because all i did was run in and efist and die and my drops go strait to me
this is another huge problem
if you cant get your drops you dont deserve them
thats what makes mvping difficult
if this gets implament
here comes a bunch of nubs spamming efist and crap and then getting drops of the hardest mvps in the game because they dont even have to try to get them

Ok i just want to say that people already found a way to do this (poporings,yoyos etc.) I see a lot of champs just running around efisting mvps and when they die and kill it at the same time the pet picks up the stuff (same as autoloot) so this argument officially goes down  ;)

Oh and i want to say that i used to play on a mid rate server with @autoloot and it actually didin't spiol anything and wasn't abused (60sec afk=autoloot off). In my opinion it's just a saver of time, you don't have to stop and pick up all the drops every time you kill something. It's just non stop PWNAGE XD :P

And yea i know you'll call me lazy, cuz i am ;)  and i like to kill rather than click 10 bloody times to pick up all the stuff laying on the ground  ;)

Cheers

Edited by Dext3r, 04 December 2008 - 07:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users