• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pand3monia

Pand3monia

Bored imo

• Donor
  • 534 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:13 PM

These fixes are bound to fix 99% of Ragnarok's vista patching errors. Anything else Ragnarok/vista related can still be pm'd to me assuming it relates to one of the two afore mentioned subjects.

The #1 cause of vista bugs is either piracy or out of date drivers. Fix both of these before reading this topic or sending me a pm. Seriously.

First solution -> Turn off the annoying UAC prompt. Go into your control panel and into the user accounts section. There should be a nice button that is labeled, "Turn UAC on or off" with an admin shield next to it.
Tell the prompt yes of course, and turn the thing off. Restart the computer and try Ragnarok again.

Second solution -> Run Ragnarok as an administrator (if you haven't been already). Right click your shortcut and click "Run as administrator" with the usual admin shield next to it. On this step, if your client freezes or locks up AFTER downloading all files or during the repack stage, try to take a screen shot and pm me.

Third solution -> Uninstall/reinstall. This is a usual thing for an OS, but it seems to be a bigger problem in vista... It's really picky on what it wants.

Fourth solution -> Make sure you have a file called "patch_allow" in your LLRO folder. All it says is "allow".

I removed the permissions settings and ownership/auditing solution because it seemed to cause more problems than it was worth, and these fixes should work without it...
Any pms sent to me need to have a fairly specific error description, computer specs, edition of vista, and how long you're had vista/ragnarok on the computer in question.

Edited by Pand3monia, 18 September 2008 - 12:06 AM.

#2 DarkSide Creator

DarkSide Creator
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 12:59 AM

Ok this is what you have to do so that you will not get an error something like this: detoured.fll (or something like that)

1.Right click on the LLRO start up icon and go to properties.
2.Then go to compatibilities
3.Then on the bottom of the box check the section that says: Run This Program as An Administrator

If u do this you will have no error in dowloading the patch =)

Pm: DarkSide Clown if u have any problems

#3 Iceknave

Iceknave

I am NOT a GM.

• Members
  • 2110 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:10 PM

Done. Topic closed. If you have ANY problems involving the game + vista AFTER reading this guide, please pm Pand3monia for further help. DO NOT spam the forums asking for help. Thanks.

#4 Pand3monia

Pand3monia

Bored imo

• Donor
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:49 AM

Editing finished, close topic again please.

#5 Pand3monia

Pand3monia

Bored imo

• Donor
  • 534 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:08 AM

Updated again ftw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users